Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Wonderful dinner!!!

I'm back on the cooking and ejoying it bandwagon :)

Tonight we had cranberry marinated chicken and roasted sweet potatoes with a butter and cinnamon sugar glaze. They were both AMAZING!!!

For the chicken...
I did 4 leg and thigh quarters (Frozen)
over them I poured (combined)
1 can cranberry sauce
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 cup French/Catalina dressing


I let the chicken defrost and marinate for about 6 hrs on the counter-top.
I put foil over the top and cooked it at 425* for 20 minutes, then I removed the foil and dropped the oven temp. to 375* and cooked it for another 30 minutes.


For the potatoes...
I melted 1/2 a stick of butter and combined it with 1/4 cup of cinnamon and sugar (1tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup sugar)
I tossed 1 inch potato cubes in that.
I used 2 medium peeled, cubed potatoes

Those were cooked uncovered in the oven (on the lower rack) while the chicken cooked on the top rack. The potatoes were a little too done, I will probably only cook them for 30 minutes if I do them again with this chicken.

The kids loved the potatoes and the chicken, it is definately going to be a do-again here.

No comments: