Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year... New plan...

I am sick of being in the food rut. Maybe it's because I try to keep costs down by doing our shopping every 2 weeks, maybe it's becasue I've just been really busy with the kids. I'm not sure, but I feel like I'm making the same dishes over and over again.
I have made a new year's resolution. One new recipe a week! Whether it be made up (to use up things in the pantry, fridge and freezer) or from one of the many cooking sites I visit... I will make a new dish a week!

This week it was Penne with olives, chicken, and tomoatoes. I want to come up with a good name for it, but haven't yet.
3 chicken breasts boiled and shredded
1/2 cup of sliced black olives
1/2 cup of sliced green olives
1 can of stewed tomatoes drained
4 cups of un-cooked penne cooked
3 cups Italian salad dressing



combine the chicken olives and tomotoes in the dressing to marinate.
boil noodles and drain
Combine mixture with noodles and serve.

We served this with cesar salad. The boys loved it! It made a lot, so I have an extra meal for later on this week or this weekend.

1 comment:

hkat said...

this looks so yummy!