Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Yummy Aldi Fruity Dessert

Strange title I know. I got this from my mother-in-law who learned it from a fellow shopper while the waited in the check-out at Aldi. It's simply called fruity, because you can pick which fruit. Two summers ago Cooper helped me make this after an eventful grocery shopping trip, which included him taking a bite out of an apple and then putting back.

2 cans of fruit drained
(I prefer 1 can pie filling, 1 can fruit)
1 box Jiffy yellow cake mix
1/2 stick of butter, maybe more

Drain fruit, put in 8x8 pan.
Sprinkle Jiffy mix on top.
Add sliced, pats of butter all over the top.
Bake at 350 until browned.

I know it sounds weird, but the butter does melt across the top, mixing with the powder.
Simply double this for a 9x13.
It's fun to think of different combinations like cherry pie filling and a can of apricots.
It's quick to make and very cheap!

2 comments:

Erin said...

This is GOOOOD stuff!! My grandma used to make this with cherry pie filling and pineapple. We always called it "dump cake," but I like your title better. :)

Ferris Family said...

YEAH!!! You posted one of my all time favorite recipes!!! SO GOOD!
I had to laugh, I remember that grocery story so well...