Thursday, February 4, 2010

Goofy Kate Gosslin...

She made "monkey munch". We prefer to call it "Puppy Chow". Yes, I refer to my children as monkeys more often than not, but with 2 dogs in the house always waiting under the table for thier food, "Puppy Chow" just made more sense.

I love that this recipe can easily be done with all 3 of the boys! Liv is still too young to actively participate in the making of it, however, she's fantastic at eating it! :)
I have Cooper and Nelson get all of the ingrediants and necessary tools out. I have them do as much of the measuring as they can, and I let Maddox do the dumping, mixing, and shaking.


Puppy Chow

8 cups of Crispex (1 large box) or any rice square cereal
1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 ish ( add more at the end) powdered sugar

You will need 1 large mixing bowl
1 microwave safe bowl (with a lid)
1 large ziploc bag (I really like the 2 gallon size)

1. Combine the peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butter. Microwave on high 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until everything is melted and blended.
2. pour the cereal into a large bowl, top with the melted mixture, and stir to coat.
3. pour the powdered sugar into the ziploc bag. Add the coated cereal, and seal the bag (this is VERY important!)
4. Shake the bag to coat the cereal with the powdered sugar.
5. transer the cereal back into the mixing bowl, I top it with a little more sugar, if it needs it, and seal it.
If the container does not seal well, the snack with get stale very quickly.

No comments: