Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl Party Menu

This year, we did something different. We stayed home, made "easy" food, and watched the game in our jammies. It was wonderful! At half-time, we put half the kids to bed, enjoyed ice cream with the other half of them, and just enjoyed being a family.
Of everything shown in the picture, only one item was truly "homemade". Last week, I had a Pampered Chef party scheduled, but the consultant had to cancel due to sudden illness. I had a bunch of granny smith apples that had to be eaten. I made caramel apple dip, for the first time ever. I remember eating it all the time as a kid, but never made it myself. It was a hit!!!!! And, super easy, too.

Caramel Apple Dip

1 brick of low fat cream cheese
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
handful of chopped nuts (optional)

Mix first 4 ingredients together with a mixer, until smooth, fold in nuts.

Serve with sliced apples.

No comments: