Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oops...

Talk about an unintentional sabatical. Life has been crazy here. I didn't mean to take such a long (10 m0nth) break. I vow to be a lot better!!!!
Don't worry, I've been cooking, non-stop. Tons of new recipes. I have a renewed commitment to posting.
I watched Julie & Julia the other day! I loved it. I would love to say that Julia Child inspired me to come back. Not true. With 4 kids, a husband, and 2 hyper dogs my inspiration comes from Sandra Lee. I love the look and taste of homemade without the work of it! She is amazing!!! Seriously, any woman that has a mixmaster in every imaginable color gets major props in my book. I'm grateful for my 1 mixmaster (in safe white).
Tonight I'm making chicken pad thai, a family favorite with some additions (peas and carrots).
Super easy, and super yummy!!!! Almost makes me crave http://www.thaigourmetfood.com/ less.


a couple things you need to know before I post this recipe...
1. Chicken Ramon Noodles (3 packages) work in place of Rice Noodles if you don't have them.
2. Crunchy peanut butter is 10 times better than creamy.
3. 2 Tablespoons of Worschesire sauce and 1 Tablespoon of water can be substituted for soy sauce. (equivilant to the 1/4 cup)

Without further ado....
Chicken Pad Thai

cook and dice 2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
combine these 3 and set aside
1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots (I buy the mix)
boil water and cook noodles according to package directions
drain noodles, mix in sauce and vegetables, top with diced chicken.

No comments: