Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Creamy chicken pasta

I'm always looking around my pantry and freezer trying to decide what to make for dinner. I love cooking with pasta, it's easy and it feed the masses. (my family is rapidly becoming the masses)
Tonight I did a variation of Lemon Chicken Pasta (a creation from 5+ yrs ago) I used the cream of chicken soup, pasta, and peas, but that's all that's the same. I added low fat cream cheese, a can of diced tomatoes, and some Italian dressing!

1 can low sodium cream of chicken soup
1 can diced tomatoes
1/3 brick of low fat cream cheese
1/2 cup Italian dressing
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded out, cut into thin strips, and cooked
3/4 box spaghetti cooked
1 cup frozen peas

combine first 6 ingredients and cook on the stove top until everything is combined and heated through.
combine with chicken, peas and cooked spaghetti, stir, and serve immediately (I find the hot pasta and sauce cook the peas perfectly.)
I serve this with crescent rolls or garlic bread.
My kids and husband love it!

No comments: